JULIA LYNNE GREEN
UPS, Intellimark Group
June 1999 – August 2003.
- Developed an automatic Employee Database System for Dedham and the ASC Watertown Site where Employee information can be automatically updated, deleted or added by a form system.
- Developed and maintained two UPS Intranet sites, the ASC Watertown Site and the Dedham Finance Site.
- Programmed complete GUI. queries, and features, as well as implemented in operation seven to eight Access programs for various Accounting and Collections Departments at UPS, replacing a Q&A Dos-based program.
- Imported .dbf files into Access programs, as well as use of Monarch, a text reader converting text into Tables importable to Access.
- Developed a time-sensitive VBScript message system where Advertisements disappeared at a particular time.
- Programmed Cold Fusion Database searches and loaded Access tables on a weekly basis for the Accounting Service Center Payroll Department. Forms developed and modified with Cold Fusion.
- Posted over 100 Excel documents on Dedham Finance website once a month, as well as maintaining all passwords.
- Consulted on Access programs already in use at Accounting Department, as well as providing support for my own programs to staff. Documentation and development of the Code 17 Access program, the Collections Access Program, and implementation for the Tractor Department of a Model that read text files into Access.
JEWISH VOCATIONAL SERVICE
September 1999 – January 2000.
EPISCOPALIAN DIOCESE, HOSPITALITY PROGRAM
Dec 1998 – January 1999
- Modification of an Access program through Visual Basic in an Event Procedure, as well as other development features. Merging through Word, and development of documents through the Merge feature of Access.
ROBERT HALF & ACCOUNTEMPS
May 1998 – May 1999
- Accounting, data entry, programming of Excel Macros at Museum of Science in Boston and Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Converted all macros and wrote new Visual Basic Macros in the Massachusetts General Hospital’s Treadwell Library System to convert their billing system from quarterly to monthly, wrote all documentation backing up new macros system, reformatted all bills in an Word to Excel Merge System.
- Interfaced with Library’s clients through letter and phone.
JULIA COMPUTER CONSULTING
1996 – present.
- Developed complete ColdFusion Database Password program for Dautolink, clue maintenance, email notification and posting for wrong passwords, automatic assigning of username and passwords.
- Developed ASP.Net forms and databases with Visual Studio 2008
- Developed own Advertisement Video for Julia Computer Consulting with importing images and importing sound.
- Posting of ASP Original Program using CDONTS on ASP Website – http://aspfree.com/authors/julia_green/cdo.asp
- E-Commerce Development with Miva Merchant with The Boston Computer Connection, posting of images, development of categories, posting of advertisements, and development of entire website.
- Development of an ASP Password program for Zircon Company that changes passwords on a daily basis.
- ASP development project for TimeCards with a client from Indiana.
- Developed a form ASP model that provided automatic output and mailing with just the changing of a few variables at the top of the ASP page for general public.
- ColdFusion Database Development for The Cheshire Group in Lynnfield, Massachusetts. Developed a form output system which results in not only emailing and posting form results, but figuring their percentages automatically as well.
- Knowledge of PHP3 and MySQL database and Java applets that I have used extensively with own website.
- Developed Access and Excel programs for a variety of small businesses throughout the United States. Emailed completed programs.
- Modified Frames and CGI forms to Zircon Software, NAMI and personal websites.
- Web consulting work and web designing work in PERL and HTML.
- Developed web sites for Peabody mail-order business(Zircon), the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill of Massachusetts, an Oregon horse ranch, Winnapaug Inn in Rhode Island, and Flyfishing in Chile.
FIDELITY INVESTMENTS — June 1993 – April 1998
PC Specialist — Feb 1998 – April 1998
- Analyzed an Access program to promote efficiency. Reprogrammed Access program to search and produce Reports by Name, Acronym, IS Executive and other fields.
- Developed extensive GUI for program through forms and buttons, addition of Switchboard, Search Forms, programming of about 25 macros etc.
- Researched and posted the Table on an active Fidelity web site. Checked all data from the web against the Table.
Portfolio Advisory Services/Fidelity Asset Management and Trust — June 1993 – Feb 1998
- Conversion of Individual and Corporate Investor Portfolio Questionnaires on Windows Visual Basic and Visual C++ programs.
- Desktop publishing of aggressively scored portfolios with Interleaf Desktop Publishing System.
- Recommended modifications of computerized Investor Portfolio Questionnaires to programming staff. Software Tested Visual Basic and Visual C++ Investor Portfolio Questionnaire and Jamaica, an Internet Investor System.
- Winner of “Bug Award”, finding the most bugs in a Visual C++ application.
- Development of a Visual Basic Application for the Corporate Investor Portfolio Questionnaire.
- Trained new Account Executives, Relationship Officers and staff people on data entry system.
- Documented data entry procedures and modifications.
STATE STREET BANK BOSTON/Boston Financial Data Services — Oct 1987 – Mar 1992
- Account/Processing Specialist — Nov 1990 – Mar 1992
- Mutual Series Fund. — Oct 1987 – Nov 1990
- Transaction Processor II. — Jan 1989 – Nov 1990
- Senior Secretary. — Oct 19, 1987- Jan 1989
BOSTON UNIVERSITY, Dept. of Computer Science/Law School — Aug 1986 – Sept 1987
- Senior Administrative Secretary. Department of Computer Science.
- Word processed, managed files, and typeset with qtroff and ntroff on UNIX system. Supervised three work-study students.
- Operating Systems: UNIX, Data General, Windows NT, Windows 95 – 97, Macintosh, DOS, DST
- Spreadsheets: Lotus 1-2-3, Excel (Training at Fidelity), Excel 2000 (Publishing interactive graphs on web), Quattro Pro
- Databases: ASP.Net, Visual Studio 2008, SQL Server, MySQL, Access 2.0 – Access 95 (Training at Fidelity), Access 2000
- Programming Languages: ASP.Net, Java (Certificate – America Online), Visual Basic (Advanced Certificate – America Online), Qbasic (Advanced Certificate – America Online) , Access (Training at Fidelity), Visual Basic Macros for Excel (Training at Fidelity), C, C++ (Advanced Certificate – America Online)
- Word Processing: Word, Wordperfect, Justwrite, Interleaf Desktop Publishing
- Graphics: Qbasic Graphics (Advanced Certificate – America Online), Java (Certificate – America Online), PowerPoint (Training at Fidelity), HTML
- Internet and Web: America Online, HTML, PERL, Netscape, FTP, JAVA (Certificate – America Online), MySQL, PHP3
- Other: Documentation, LAN Administration
- C.S.S. Degree in Business Administration and Management — 1994 Harvard University Extension Graduate School Cambridge, MA
- America On-Line/SmartPlanet Education over Internet
- Certificate in Advanced Java, Introduction JavaBeans, Swing, Sockets.
- Certificate in Intro Cascading StyleSheets
- Beginning and Advanced Certificates in Active Server Pages (continuing education credits) – Summer 2000
- Certificate in Java Programming — Summer, 1999
- Further studies over the Internet in C Programming 1997 – 1998
- Certificate in Advanced Visual Basic May 1997
- Certificate in C++ Programming June 1995
- Certificate in Advanced Basic Graphics with Honors Summer 1996
- Certificate in Basic Graphics with Honors November 1994
- Graduate coursework in Technical Writing and Graphic Arts 1986 – 1987–Boston University Metropolitan Graduate School
- Programming courses in BASIC, FORTRAN and COBOL 1984–Northeastern University
- Create a Time-Sensitive Password Program, Advisor Expert on Microsoft Visual Basic Web Development, August/September 2000.
- A Technological Universe, Open Minds. Summer 2000.
- The Cold War and the Computer, Open Minds, September 1999.
- Get Fancy With Header and Footer Formatting, Access Advisor VB Magazine, September 1999.
- Protecting Your Investment, A Technical Article on a Visual Basic Method to protect Access programs from theft, Access Office VB Advisor CD-Rom, May 1999.
- Computers, Emotions and Innocence, Book Review of HAL’s Legacy by David Stork, The Skeptical Inquirer, The Magazine for Science and Reason, Volume 22, No. 4, (July/August 1998).
- Computer Viruses, Waltham-Weston Newsletter (May 1996) and Computoredge Magazine, San Diego CA, September 1996.
- The Hacker Crackdown, Boston Computer Society Journal, Vol. 6.7, September 1996.
- PC Roadkill, Boston Computer Society Journal, Vol. 6.6, August 1996.
- Being Digital, Boston Computer Society Journal, Vol. 6.5, May 1996.
- The Road Ahead, Boston Computer Society Journal, Vol. 6.4, April 1996.
- Personal Finance on AOL, Boston Computer Society Journal, Vol 5.12, December 1995.
- U Programmer U!, Boston Computer Society Journal, Vol. 5.8, August 1995
AWARDS AND ORGANIZATIONS:
- Association for Women in Computing (1997 – )
- Game Award for Star Trek Game in Basic Graphics (America On-Line, 1994)
- Basic Graphics Award for SINE WAVE program (America On-Line, 1996),
- Entry in Fidelity Employee Art Contest: Two Graphic Programs, Star Trek Game and 2001, 1995.
- Entry in Fidelity Employee Art Contest: Self Portrait in the Nuclear Ages – A Series of Self Portraits with Adobe Photoshop, 1996